tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SPNEGO/NEGOTIATE implementation for Apache Geronimo
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 00:56:56 GMT

On Dec 9, 2009, at 5:03 AM, Ashish Jain wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Can you please suggest if there is anyway to disable the prompt for
> username and password when using basic authentication??

That's browser behavior, so the only thing you can do from the server
side is not use plain BASIC auth.  Are you using a SPNEGO enabled
browser on a platform where it can recognize your (client side)
kerberos login?  Do you have a link to a description of how SPNEGO is
supposed to work?

thanks
david jencks

> Thanks and Regards
> Ashish
>
> On 11/13/09, Costin Manolache <costin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>
>> wrote:

>>> FormAuthenticator,
>>>
>>> Basic and form - no. Base - maybe.

>>> My instinct (that may be wrong) is that you'll need a new
>>> authenticator.
>>> If