tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.21
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:39:17 GMT
On 12/22/2009 08:15 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> On 12/21/2009 11:39 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>> The candidates binaries are available here:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.21/
>>>
>>> According to the release process, the 6.0.21 tag is:
>>> [X] Broken
>>> [ ] Alpha
>>> [ ] Beta
>>> [ ] Stable
>>>

>> tcnative-1.dll in the zips is build with dynamically
>> linked apr and ssl which is wrong.
>> tcnative-1 must have apr and ssl statically linked
>> while libtcnative-1 is dynamically linked.
>> Either it won't work on client boxes or it'll pick
>> up the random libapr-1.dll from the users PATH
>
> It will pick up the libapr-1.dll side-by-side with the .jni
> stub, AIUI, unless I'm horribly mistaken.  Did you confirm this?

 From where it'll pick the libapr-1.dll ?
On my box it pick the one from SVN cause it happens I have it
in the PATH, however it won't get picked in service mode, cause
I have not that in system PATH.

Up till now we always had tcnative-1.dll not libtcnative-1.dll
so it's just broken build comming from private builds,
because there is no 1.1.18 binaries in w.a.o/dist/
Meaning:
1. Wrong tcnative
2. Build is not reproducable

I'd say the packaging is broken, not the 6.0.21 itself.

Regards
--
^TM