tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r892834 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:49:06 GMT
2009/12/21 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
> On 21/12/2009 16:28, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> We already applied a lot of last minute patches. Maybe we don't need to
>> put so much pressure into those more complex leak prevention patches for
>> 6.0.21, and instead let JFC know, when the really important ones are
>> done and he can proceed tagging etc. Since JFC is now in the boat as 6.0
>> RM, we might wan to do another release in the not so distant future?
>
> WRT to JDBC-ODBC bridge stuff, the current JdbcLeakPrevention will break
> stuff that uses that driver. There may still be some edge cases but I
> believe we are better with this patch than without.

That is unfortunate.
I would expect that some other drivers might be broken as well.

Maybe we can wait a couple of days?

Regarding the first threads patch (r885260):
  I expect those thread group names to be implementation-dependent.
 Maybe  a) we can scan what thread groups exist when Tomcat is started,
 b) we can provide means to customize that list, and/or to disable
this feature altogether, c) show warns instead of errors.