tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access GlobalNamingResources using javax.naming
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 18:38:34 GMT
2009/12/17 Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@hanik.com>:
> On 12/16/2009 07:37 PM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>
>> I think, that in JNDI there is no such way
>
> ok, maybe we can add in a namespace for that, such as
> InitialContext.lookup("global:");
> and then have a config attribute allowGlobalLookup="true|false" to be
> backwards compatible

Why using <ResourceLink> does not satisfy you?

I would like all access to the global resources to be explicit. If you
need it, just add a <ResourceLink>, as documented.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

> and then have a config attribute allowGlobalLookup="true|false" to be
> backwards compatible

How is that from Security stand point?

I mean, it must be allowGlobalLookup="false" by default.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko