tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Performance_and_Monitoring" by BjornFreemanBenson
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 01:01:59 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "FAQ/Performance_and_Monitoring" page has been changed by BjornFreemanBenson.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Performance_and_Monitoring?action=diff&rev1=4&rev2=5

   * Stress test your webapp. You can do this via [[http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/|JMeter]],
[[http://www.joedog.org/siege/|siege]], [[http://httpd.apache.org/test/flood/|flood]], and
other tools. Google is your friend.
   * Tweak your UNIX box! Look at ulimit and kernel parameters.
   * Bad design will hurt performance.
-  * Look at [[http://java.quest.com/jprobe/jprobe.shtml|JProbe]], or [[http://www.borland.com/optimizeit/|OptimizeIt]],
or other profiling tools. Lots of people recommend these tools. This is not an endorsement
for them, I just notice other people like them.
or [[http://www.newrelic.com/RPMlite.html|New Relic]], or other profiling tools. Lots of people
recommend these tools. This is not an endorsement for them, I just notice other people like
them.

  == Questions ==
   1. [[#Q1|Is Tomcat faster than serving static HTML pages than Apache httpd?]]
   1. [[#Q2|Is there an application-specific comparison between Tomcat and Resin or other
containers?]]
   1. [[#Q3|Is there a comprehensive, up-to-date, detailed benchmark comparing various servlet
containers, including Tomcat?]]
+
  == Answers ==
  <<Anchor(Q1)>>'''Is Tomcat faster than serving static HTML pages than Apache
httpd?'''