tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: SSL MITM status update
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:26:32 GMT
Sounds good to me, thanks!

Info not yet ready for users@: On dev@httpd there is discusion, whether
to fix request splicing attacks by dropping the buffer, therefore
effectively not allowing to combine a partial request before reneg with
the request coming after the reneg. Although we don't know yet, whether
that is the only attack possible, all scenarios I have heard of use
request splicing.

Discussion and testing whether this breaks clients still has to proceed.
I think it's not a reason to prevent a release here, but there might be
more fine grained workarounds for the attack in combination with
server-initiated reneg feasable.

Regards,

Rainer