tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject what does j_security_check do in clustering?
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:10:55 GMT
Dear Tomcat devs,

I meet a problem when config a web project which using the form based
security in clustering.

When I set session affinity = true in my front http server, the security
check was done in single node, there is no problem with that.
But if I set affinity = false, the requests from the security check process
are sent to 2 nodes, and it is really strange.. eg:

1. From index.html(NodeA), try to access protected resouce
2. Go to the logon.html(NodeB), I input the id/passwd, and then submit
3. The request looks like sent to NodeA, but did not do any check operation.

Does that work as design? that is, if I wanna use form check security, my
cluster must be session affinity?

Thanks in advance!

-Rex