tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Port r818062 to BackupManager?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:12:50 GMT
On 23.09.2009 16:17, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> hi Rainer,
>
>> DeltaManager needs to replicate changed attributes even if session
>> gets invalidated. Otherwise session listeners will not see the right
>> data on the secondary nodes.
>
> This is an interesting use case indeed. The fact that we would replicate
> changes on an invalidated session sounds awkward.
> I will have to take a look when I have some more brain capacity

Yeah the change happens immediately before invalidation, but a session
listener needs the changed attribute. Sure it's a rare case, but it
should work. session.expire() without requestCompleted() was a nice
shortcut, but seems slightly incorrect.

Concerning brains:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/untergeek/8454334/

and while I was looking for it I also stumbled over a cartoon Gary
Larson did about Apache:

http://z.hubpages.com/u/209660_f520.jpg

Regards,

Rainer