tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Port r818062 to BackupManager?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:12:50 GMT
On 23.09.2009 16:17, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> hi Rainer,
>> DeltaManager needs to replicate changed attributes even if session
>> gets invalidated. Otherwise session listeners will not see the right
>> data on the secondary nodes.
> This is an interesting use case indeed. The fact that we would replicate
> changes on an invalidated session sounds awkward.
> I will have to take a look when I have some more brain capacity

Yeah the change happens immediately before invalidation, but a session
listener needs the changed attribute. Sure it's a rare case, but it
should work. session.expire() without requestCompleted() was a nice
shortcut, but seems slightly incorrect.

Concerning brains:

and while I was looking for it I also stumbled over a cartoon Gary
Larson did about Apache:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message