tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r818040 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:20:11 GMT
On 23.09.2009 13:12, Mark Thomas wrote:
> wrote:
>>  * Fix
>>    +1: markt
>>    -1:
>> +  rjung: Our dreaded multi platform build system is a bit fragile
>> +  w.r.t. fixcrlf. If you change the file to crlf in the installer
>> +  target, then all unix packages (which are build after installer)
>> +  will also contain it in crlf format. Not to bad for especially
>> +  that file (because part of a webapp), but maybe it would
>> +  be cleaner to do this for the installer target only, e.g.
>> +  saving the file, fixcrlf, run nsi, restoring file.
> Are you sure? There looks to be a fixcrlf at the beginning of each of
> the zip and tar.gz packaging targets which should fix that.

I thought so to, but I tested it :)

I guess, the *.txt pattern in those fixcrlf applies only to top level,
no **/ there. But somehow I think it would be safer to let the installer
fixcrlf not have a side effect one needs to clean up in other places.

Well ...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message