tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug workflow
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:29:54 GMT
Uwe G√ľnther wrote:
> So I wasn't so wrong with the first one. Unfortunately there was nothing
> to code at all.
>
> So I am gonna go for some odd ones and go on with the good things to do.
>
> How does this work for non commiters; if they have a patch? Ok, 1st
> attach the patch to the bug, 2nd...?

Give the committers a couple of days or so to look at it. Drop a note to
the dev list of it looks like it has been missed. It will either be
applied and/or proposed as appropriate or you'll get some feedback on
what needs improving.

A couple of tips:
- provide patches against trunk unless trunk isn't affected
- provide patches in diff -u format
- avoid having cosmetic changes and functional changes in the same patch

Mark