tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bug workflow
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:19:04 GMT
It differs by the person. So here is a wild guess ..

But I would guess bugs are usually fixed 1st by interest. For example:
Crap that bug affects my stuff too, I should look at that.

Other bugs are fixed by how interesting they. For example: hmmm .. that
seems odd - I think I'll look at that.

Other bugs are fixed because they are there and its a good thing to do.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I think the general concensus is
priority is useful in distinguishing enhancement vs bug. But high
priority vs low seems ignored.

Security fixes typically don't go into bugzilla. They are reported
privately to the security list.

-Tim