tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Testing new website sync process
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:40:18 GMT
Go for it.

Some remarks on the web site:

1) Tomcat connectors (JK)

the docs are fully in svn, but only the xml/xslt part and the ant build
support. The generated docs are at the moment not part of svn.

Even if we put them in, we would need a way to decide, which version
(tag) gets pushed.

Similarly for Tomcat docs themselves.

2) /dev/dist

We sometimes use this sub directory, e.g. for not so called release
candidates and other stuff, which is not meant to come out of svn.

On 03.09.2009 12:59, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Folks,
> As part of the response to the recent compromise of ASF servers [1] the
> infrastructure team are introducing a new way to sync web sites from svn
> and are looking for PMS to volunteer to test the new process.
> I'd like to volunteer the Tomcat website. Any objections? I'm happy to
> take on fixing any teething problems.
> The advantage is that commits to svn will be reflected on the live site
> within a few seconds.
> If we want we can also have a staging site tomcat.staging.a.o where we
> could preview stuff [2]
> My own view is that a staging site isn't necessary. Our site is simple.
> We can test locally before committing and with commits affecting the
> live site within a few seconds, fixing any snafus should be easy.
> Cheers,
> Mark
> [1]
> [2] This require a separate svn location to sync from. Something like:
> would sync to
> and
> would sync to
> and we would have to svn merge changes from trunk to live.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message