tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jiefeng Yang <>
Subject about setLoopbackMode of McastServiceImpl of tomcat tribes
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:38:07 GMT

I use tomcat tribes to develop my application resently, and I find
this line in the source code of the class,
org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl, at line 202 (I
use apache-tomcat-6.0.20 source code):

socket.setLoopbackMode(true);//hint that we don't need loop back messages

I think it is better to setLoopbackMode through a construtor's
argument or a property.

Because I really need debug my program on my single development PC
sometimes, or need to run two process of my application to get higher

BTW, I think sun's naming way is ugly, about socket.setLoopbackMode at
least. When I see this line, I really think it is to enable socket's
LoopbackMode if no the following comment, but actually the name of the
parameter needed by setLoopbackMode is "disable".

Jeff Yang

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message