tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making AJP secret attribute consistent
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:18:46 GMT
2009/8/4 Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org>:
> Hi,
>
> JK connector uses the request.secret attribute for setting the
> AJP secret property. However APR connector and Ajp connector
> use the requiredSecret instead. This of course (first problem is
> that it's nowhere documented) makes problems cause it requires to
> have separate directives depending on the connector.
>
> Since attributes having dot in the name cannot be parsed using
> standard xml property getter I propose we add the same property
> to the JK connector and deprecate old dot name (request.secret)
>
> Comments?
>
> Regards
> --
> ^TM

1. I do not see "requiredSecret" in documentation. Thus the problem is
that it is not documented.

2. There are quite a lot of properties that use a dot in their name. See here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html
(Index > Configuration Reference > AJP , / > HTTP )

I do not really mind renaming all of them to get rid of dots, but that
is probably what we should not do. :/

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko