tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "SummerOfCode2009/LoadingFilterConfiguration" by xxd82329
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:22:58 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by xxd82329:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/SummerOfCode2009/LoadingFilterConfiguration

New page:
Here we want to convert tomcat internal into somewhat more standard Servlet filters. So we
need a place to put those configurations for these converted filters.

For global level filters(for all the servlet in this tomcat instance), we have conf/web.xml
file to put configurations. And for servlet level filters(wrapper level in tomcat), we have
individual web.xml files too. The question is, what if the filter should  be engine/host/context
level, where do we put the configuration?

I think we could add those configurations into conf/server.xml, and we could also support
"$CATALINA_BASE/conf/[enginename]/engine-filters.default" for engine level filters, "$CATALINA_BASE/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/host-filters.default"
for host level filters and "$CATALINA_BASE/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/context.xml.default"
for context levelfilters just as tomcat do now for "context.xml.default".

Are there any other places that could put the configurations for those converted filters?
Any comments are welcomed. Thank you for your time.