tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jaspic (jsr 196) support in tomcat
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:42:08 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> I think it would be great if the tomcat community integrated some
> version of this code in perhaps tomcat 7 but I do not expect to be
> providing any patches to tomcat for this.  I'm happy to talk about the
> code, but I'm more likely to see discussion on the geronimo dev list.

JRS196 is support recommended for Servlet containers (at least that is
what the latest draft of the Servlet 3 spec I have says).

This is on the todo list for Tomcat 7 but not at the top. The mandatory
stuff has to come first.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure anyone working on JSR196 support for
Tomcat will take a look at what you have done.

Mark