tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mavenized tomcat build
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2009 06:43:55 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

> If Geronimo needs a better way to download and integrate Tomcat's JAR's
> lets focus on that, and not make this into another Maven vs ANT topic,
> cause I don't think that was the intention.

Agreed.
However we should really find a way to deal with eclipse
repository since they tend to change the download system
quite often (only external dependency).
Since we cannot copy that to the ASF due to license issue
we could reuse the backup system on tomcat.heanet.ie (like we did
for Tomcat Native until ASF resolved the crypto software issues)
to allow the historic builds.
I somehow doubt Maven can solve this problem anyhow, and
downloading a repo with 10+ eclipse JDT's would be insane
just to build eg. 6.0.20 in 5 years from now.
Other things is trivial, just testing the dist.apache.org
with archive.apache.org as fallback for the remaining
dependencies.

Regards
--
^(TM)