tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Mavenized tomcat build
Date Sat, 11 Jul 2009 00:01:18 GMT
On 07/10/2009 05:19 PM, Yoav Shapira wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 6:26 PM, David Jencks<david_jencks@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>> I am well aware that the tomcat developers regard ant as the one true build
>>

> Having now used Maven 2.x for a couple of years, it Works.  +1 for
> trying it for Tomcat.

-1, my lunch is not long enough to download the internet ;)
This discussion has been had many times, I've tried to look at it from
many different perspectives, but have yet not seen a reason to switch.

but we do publish our JARs to the Maven repo for other projects that are
using Maven
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/tomcat/

If Geronimo needs a better way to download and integrate Tomcat's JAR's
lets focus on that, and not make this into another Maven vs ANT topic,
cause I don't think that was the intention.

Filip