tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "TomcatTrackUs09" by JeanFredericClere
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 15:48:11 GMT
> The following page has been changed by JeanFredericClere:
> http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatTrackUs09

FYI - I'm having problems groking this, so I presume the general public
will have the same trouble...

>   Track Description
>
> + This track will give you all you need to know about the latest features, and help you
to make the most of Tomcat - either standalone or together with a front-end server.
> +
> + We'll explain a little of our 10 year history, the versions we support, the project
structure and how the development takes place. We will, of course, also present the new features
of the next version of Tomcat, Tomcat 7, for all our users.
> +
> + Later on, we'll look deeper in the Tomcat internals, starting with a session on the
new asynchronous servlet processing features provided in Tomcat 7. Our technical sessions
will teach you how to get the best out of Tomcat's features making your Tomcat secure. And
if you've already got that, we'll also go through integrating Tomcat with a front-end server,
to build a cluster of Tomcats!
> +
>   Target Audience
> +
> + Our first 3 sessions are for both general and Tomcat users, the other ones are for
Tomcat users and Administrators.

You have three groups, "general users", "Tomcat users", and "Tomcat Admins".
I understand the second two, and have no clue what you mean by "general" :)