tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: 5.5.28 tag on Monday July 13th
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 19:43:24 GMT
On 08.07.2009 18:32, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> Unless anyone objects, we can clear out the status for 5.5 and do a tag
> on Monday.

I second Mark's and Mladen's remarks, but I think we all agree that
there were lots of changes to 5.5 and a release is somehow overdue. So
we should try to not move it to far.

Especially since there are so many changes, it is not totally unlikely,
that we will have another small release in the not to distinct future.

Pool vote has just now started and runs 48 hours, so at the weekend we
should know, whether pool 1.5.2 made it. The changes between 1.5.1 seem
to be not too complex but worth waiting. So waiting one or two days
after the pool release will hopefully be enough to ensure stability.

Filip: how tight is your time budget. Can you easily tag a little later
next week? Or do we have to skip more than a week if we miss Monday?

Regards,

Rainer