tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding thumbs.db to svn:ignore?
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2009 16:07:29 GMT
2009/7/25 Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>:
> I intend to add
>
> thumbs.db
> Thumbs.db
>
> to svn:ignore in any images folder we have in the webapps to prevent
> having it appearing again unintentionally.

+1 for build/resources and other folders if those contain images as well

> I would set the property for trunk and all release branches we maintain.
>
> Any objections?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer

I think that those are to be added to the global-ignores setting in the
Subversion configuration of those running it on Windows.

You can do it e.g. from the configuration dialog of TortoiseSVN
(the "General" page of it).

Though I am as well OK with adding them to svn:ignore. That won't
hurt. That is my +1.

> thumbs.db
> Thumbs.db

According to