tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Ristic <>
Subject Can Tomcat Native be used to write SSL clients?
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:18:33 GMT
Apologies if this is the wrong list to ask, but I couldn't find a
mailing list dedicated to Tomcat Native.

I have a need to write an SSL client, in Java, using OpenSSL (because
OpenSSL supports some features that are not supported by JSSE). I've
noticed that there's a server example in the Tomcat Native
distribution but no mention of clients.

I also need to retain I/O control, exchanging buffers with OpenSSL
without letting it work with my sockets directly.

Is this possible? Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Ivan Ristic
Test your SSL server @ SSL Labs

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: