tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JDBC Pool module v1.0.4
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:35:30 GMT
Sebb, I can't find anything that is broken. All your concerns seem
invalid to me.

Filip

sebb wrote:
> On 15/06/2009, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@hanik.com> wrote:
>
>> Cleaned up and fixed.
>>
>>  The release is located here:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/jdbc-pool/v1.0.4/
>>

> NOTICE file is incorrect, it should read:
>

> Apache Tomcat JDBC Pool
> Copyright 2008-2009 The Apache Software Foundation
>
> This product includes software developed by
> The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
> <<<
>
> [e.g. See http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#notice-required]
>
> This assumes that JDBC Pool was first released in 2008; if not adjust
> accordingly.

that date is correct. The code started in 2008
> Two java files (ResultSet and TestException) don't have AL headers.

These don't ship with the release
> The jar files don't have NOTICE or LICENSE files.

Same as Tomcat, only .tar.gz and .zip have it.

> Releases must consist of a source archive; binary archives are optional.
> The source archive must contain all the items needed to build and test
> the binary archive, see:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain
>
> Therefore the source archive needs to contain the test code.

no they don't.
"test" in this case may as well be "try it out", ie, test the code
itself, not run the test suite. We never ship our test suites.
> It's not essential, but it's helpful if the jar MANIFEST.MF files
> contain the following:
>
> Built-By:
> Implementation-Title:
> Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
> Implementation-Version:
> Specification-Title:
> Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Specification-Version:

> It might be useful to include the Javadoc in the binary archive.
>
> The build.xml defines compile.source=1.5, however some of the classes
> require 1.6, for example SlowQueryReport uses the generic form of
> OpenType which was only introduced in 1.6.

not part of the release
> The build file relies on the following files for testing, however
> there is no indication where these are to be obtained:
>
> c3p0-0.9.1.2.jar
> mysql-connector-java-5.0.7-bin.jar

not part of the release.
> The test file DefaultTestCase does not define any test cases, so it
> would help some IDEs if it were marked abstract.

not part of the release
> The ResultSet and Statement test classes in the test driver directory
> won't compile when using Eclipse, because Eclipse generates an error
> for @Override tags applied to methods only defined in interfaces. It's
> not clear whether this is an Eclipse bug or a Sun Java bug, but it
> does not really add much to use @Override for interface methods, so
> perhaps these tags could be removed.

not part of the release