tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Restructuring svn
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:48:21 GMT
Once 4.1.x is archived, there will be no release branches sharing code.
Therefore, we have the option to restructure 5.5.x to remove the use of
externals. This would remove

and replace them with

We could also pull out mod_jk and tcnative along the lines of

The tags and branches would be similarly re-structured to fit the
standard trunk, tags, branches layout.

We can do as much or as little of this as we like. From my experience of
archiving 5.0.x, I believe I can do this with minimal svn traffic to the
dev list.

The main reasons for doing this is that it makes the repo look more
'normal' and therefore easier for new folks to navigate.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message