tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "SummerOfCode2009" by xxd82329
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:40:08 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by xxd82329:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/SummerOfCode2009

  By the way, I'd like to added all the filters configurated in the server.xml file into the
filterChain when the filterChain is created(in ApplicationFilterFactory.java line 143 or so,
after "StandardContext context = (StandardContext) wrapper.getParent();") in the order of
be configed in server.xml or some other configuration location. The general algorithm is like
this: first, get to engine and host level through context (through getParent()); then add
host and engine level filters into filter chain in the order of Engine -> Host -> Context.
Is that a proper place for me to add those logic? What's the opinion of yours?

+ 5. Valve interface has a event() method which is used to process a comet event. Filters
need not to worry about whether it is a comet event or not. So how can we reflect this part
in our new filter-based structure?
+