tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Adding support for aliases to DirContext
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 20:35:01 GMT
All,

I have been looking into adding alias support to DirContext so
applications can pull in resources from external locations. I looked at
a couple of alternatives and settled on this patch (against trunk) as a
starting point:
http://people.apache.org/~markt/patches/2009-05-26-alias-DirContext.patch

It works at a basic level but I haven't done much testing and it is
probably far from complete. Before I go much further, I'm keen to hear
any feedback, particularly any ideas on alternative implementations that
might be simpler.

I'd like to get something like this into trunk for inclusion in Tomcat 7.

Mark