tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.20
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 13:45:16 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> The candidates binaries are available here:
> According to the release process, the 6.0.20 tag is:
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] Stable
> Rémy

-src.tar.gz - hashes match, key in WOT (more sigs would be nice though)

Minor issues
1. The fixcrlf task is adding newlines to the end of files that don't
end in a bank line making comparing -src.tar.gz against an svn export
harder. I've patched trunk and proposed the fix for 6.0.x

2. i18n resources are still corrupted. There is a patch already in the
STATUS file to fix this. Was an issue in 6.0.18 so this is a bug that
has not been fixed rather than a regression.

3. A couple of other files are also corrupted. Again, there is a patch
already in the STATUS file to fix this. I'm happy living with these
minor niggles for 6.0.20

4. Servlet TCK passes under normal operation and with a SecurityManager
a handful fail (as expected) due to restricted network access.

5. JSP TCK passes under normal operation and fails under the security
manager. This is a known bug, again - patches are in the STATUS file.

So in summary, a few minor niggles but nothing we haven't had in
previous releases. Hence my stable vote.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message