tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "BB@umd" <bben...@umd.edu>
Subject [Eclipse+Tomcat6]How to publish modification in a text file ?
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 21:19:51 GMT

I am developing a webapp with Eclipse 3.4.2 which runs on a Tomcat v6 server.

When I click on a button of my webapp during runtime, it modifies or
createsa shell script present in my webapp folder. Then, I retrieve this
script (which contains installation instructions) at the startup of a
Virtual Machine. My problem is that this script is not updated/created on my
server whereas it is in my filesystem.  (But if I manually refresh webapp on
Eclipse, this script is correctly updated/created.)

I first thought it was a problem of caching in Tomcat, so I edited the
context.xml file to disable caching like this :
<Context reloadable="true" cachingAllowed="false">
Then I try to set the development init-param to true in my web.xml like this
<init-param>
	    <param-name>development</param-name>
	    <param-value>true</param-value>
	</init-param>

However, it changes nothing. Does anyone have an idea of how i can
automatically "refresh" my webapp folder and synchronize it with my
filesystem ?