tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "BB@umd" <>
Subject [Eclipse+Tomcat6]How to publish modification in a text file ?
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 21:19:51 GMT

I am developing a webapp with Eclipse 3.4.2 which runs on a Tomcat v6 server.

When I click on a button of my webapp during runtime, it modifies or
createsa shell script present in my webapp folder. Then, I retrieve this
script (which contains installation instructions) at the startup of a
Virtual Machine. My problem is that this script is not updated/created on my
server whereas it is in my filesystem.  (But if I manually refresh webapp on
Eclipse, this script is correctly updated/created.)

I first thought it was a problem of caching in Tomcat, so I edited the
context.xml file to disable caching like this :
<Context reloadable="true" cachingAllowed="false">
Then I try to set the development init-param to true in my web.xml like this

However, it changes nothing. Does anyone have an idea of how i can
automatically "refresh" my webapp folder and synchronize it with my
filesystem ?

Sent from the Tomcat - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message