tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r769734 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/threads/ThreadPoolExecutor.java
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 01:11:37 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>
>> As I mentioned in the bug report, what is the benefit of this?
>>

> General best practise - no particular bug. Note the full proposed patch was bad.

Bad practice would be to change an API, based on a report for general
practice.
It doesn't nothing but clutter the the SVN history for real bugs
next time I will veto changes like this since what one considers best
practice really merits to nothing,  as it is a personal opinion and
nothing technical.

Filip