tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gsoc project - Tomcat proxy [query]
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:48:17 GMT
Sharmistha jat wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have applied for tomcat proxy project, but i needed a little more
> information than given in the project idea, to start with the design of
> proxy.
>
> So i would like to know more about the following:
>
> 1) Type of proxy [reverse,content filter,caching etc].

Just a reverse proxy.

For the content filter I think you mean soemthing like the ProxyPass and
ProxyMatch of httpd, do you? If yes some filtering would be nice.

Caching is interesting but not a requirement for a reverse proxy (you
can have the static resource locally and server them locally).

> 2) Use [intent]

The use would be to front-end TC or cluster of TC. httpd does that but
the code is in C and it is a lot of work to have JAVA based
administration (JMX for example). The proxy should support HTTP and
HTTPS and could support AJP if you want.

> I have studied a number of servlet proxies like  j2ep, noodle & Http Proxy
> Servlet in past days.

Could you write a wiki on that? (Somewhere in
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/).

Cheers

Jean-Frederic