tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Remove older of the two BIO AJP connectors
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 16:30:46 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:03 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> My understanding of 'what we talk about' is what to do with mod_jk -
> deprecate/remove old code, add few features
> to better match current tomcat ( and current requirements - larger clusters,
> etc ). It seems there is some agreement that
> current AJP protocol won't work, but bigger disagreement on weather to just
> do nothing at all ( i.e. just maintain current
> code ), or do some small addition to AJP, use HTTP, etc.

I got the impression that majority of people here
wish to maintain the mod_jk. Rainer wishes to add few
things in new 1.3 branch which is fine with me.

The rest like Jean-Frederic said 'Won't happen'
which I read, there is no man power here that
would do something new.

I would love to make 'something new', but it
obviously won't happen under Tomcat umbrella.

Regards
--
^(TM)