tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Remove older of the two BIO AJP connectors
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 15:12:56 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
>> So in essence you have a new protocol but the sole
>> difference is how you describe it.
> The API can be something like:
> - legacyRequest(RequestMessage) - whatever we have in the current AJP
> protocol
> - getServerLoad() and whatever new we wanted to add
> Instead of defining AJP extensions, we just pick one of the marshalling libs
> and use them
> for encoding the new methods.

Again, you are presuming a new protocol and IMO everyone
here are just getting nasty red spots on their faces when
you do such a thing ;)

IMHO the solution would be to gather separate
community and move all development outside the
Tomcat, because it simply doesn't fit here.
The current code base for mod_jk and java side
connector is huge, and imagine how large it would
be with all the bells and whistles added.

Tomcat could serve as an incubator for such a
project, but I see no reason not to use
Apache Incubator directly. Maybe we will
attract larger community this way.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message