tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "muz.Payne" <buja...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC questions
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 08:39:33 GMT

Hello,

I want to join GSoC project titled "Convert current Tomcat valves to Servlet
Filters" and I just want to ask you some questions about it.

1. Will the work include writing of JUnit tests? If yes, which version? (3,
4)
2. I read that Tomcat uses SVN version control system. Is there any
preferred IDE, or can be used NetBeans?
3. In which version of Tomcat (and Java of course) have to be the code
implemented? Can I use Java SE 5 features ? (generics, annotations,
extended for cycle, extended Java APIs, ...)
4. Which additional technologies I should learn except Java Servlet
Filters, Apache Tomcat valves and SVN (I have experience with CVS &
Eclipse) ?