tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Feedback on my project proposal
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 07:46:10 GMT

On Apr 1, 2009, at 9:20 PM, Rahul Saxena wrote:

> Is Tomcat currently supports JSR 196??

no.

I've been planning to work on jsr 196 for tomcat but haven't had much
time.  I implemented support for jetty.  Geronimo has a jsr 196
provider implementation but I haven't been able to pry the tck out of
sun yet.

I'd doubt there would be a lot of trouble doing the server bits of jsr
196 in a filter.  However note that, unlike with web.xml specified
filters, authentication occurs once before the request gets to the
first web.xml specified filter and does not occur again for
dispatches.  If you can arrange for this with a filter then the rest
of the jsr 196 implementation should not be too hard.

thanks
david jencks