tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r757470 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk: ./ java/org/apache/coyote/ajp/ java/org/apache/jk/common/ webapps/docs/
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:31:44 GMT
rjung@apache.org wrote:
> Author: rjung
> Date: Mon Mar 23 17:54:41 2009
> New Revision: 757470

> Log:
> Set remote port for AJP connectors from the optional request
> attribute AJP_REMOTE_PORT.
>
> Backport of r756926 and r757223.

Now when thinking of that we should probably fix the AJP13
remote_addr field and instead just passing connection->remote_ip,
do something like:
sprintf(remote_addr, "%s:%d", connection->remote_ip,
	get_port_of(connection->remote_addr))

In the AJP13 protocol spec nothing says that remote_addr
MUST be IP address, neither that it MUST be IPV4 address.
IMO till now we wrongly passed just the IP part of the
"remote_addr" instead the full address containing port as well.

I read the "remote_addr" as a string that can recreate
the FULL remote address on the container side.

Regards
--
^(TM)