tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website and stable versions
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:39:05 GMT
Chris Wilson wrote:
> Dear sirs,
>
> Can I point out that on your website, http://tomcat.apache.org, the "Which
> Version?" page is supposed to help one decide which version to download,
> and it does describe the meaning of the various stability levels, but it
> does not describe what level each version has achieved. E.g. is Tomcat 6.0
> stable yet or not?

Thanks for your e-mail.

I have added some clarification text that makes it clear that the download pages
always list the latest stable release and any newer alpha/beta if one exists.
Therefore, 6.0.x is stable. http://tomcat.apache.org always lists the latest
production quality (ie stable) releases.

> Also, the link to the FAQ on the Bug Report page ("FAQ's for all Jakarta
> projects can be found here.") is broken.

Fixed.

Both these updates will show on the main website in ~1 hour after the changes
have replicated across.

Mark