tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Running jsp in a different directory than ROOT?
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 13:25:16 GMT
This is not a matter for the Developers List.
The Tomcat Users list is the normal place for this type of query/discussion.

sura wrote:
> You can put your JSP files in any directory and make it a virtual directory by updating
server.xml file

> Ex:
> <!--
> <Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy.......>
> <Context path=”/resources” docBase=”E:/Internet-Server/tomcat/resources” debug=”0″
privileged=”true”>
> </Context>

Placing Context definitions in server.xml has been discouraged for a
long time.  This is bad advice and doesn't properly address the question.

> </Host>
> -->
> There is commented entry in server.xml as above. First stop the server and update it
as you need and restart your server.