tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From sura <suranjit...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Running jsp in a different directory than ROOT?
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 10:53:01 GMT
You can put your JSP files in any directory and make it a virtual directory by updating server.xml
file

Ex:
<!--
<Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy.......>
<Context path=”/resources” docBase=”E:/Internet-Server/tomcat/resources” debug=”0″
privileged=”true”>
</Context>

</Host>
-->
There is commented entry in server.xml as above. First stop the server and update it as you
need and restart your server.

________________________________
From: Hanna1990 <email.kia@gmail.com>
To: dev@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:40:35 PM
Subject: Running jsp in a different directory than ROOT?

I have written my first jsp application Hello World and succesfully run it on
a local machine by browsing http://localhost:8080/hello.jsp

Now I would like to make Tomcat doing the same thing in other directories
than ROOT. What should I do? I don't want to move all my new jsp-files into
ROOT-folder....  (I just installed Tomcat and JDK/JRE so I have the latest
versions)

Thanks