tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject Re: svn repo layout for modules
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 00:18:29 GMT
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Remy Maucherat <> wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 14:59 -0700, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> > that discussion does exist if you look back into the archives
> > what has changed since then?
> The proposed module layout looks so-so to me, and apparently others feel
> the same, so a solution is to remove the modules.

Can we just leave the modules as they are - it really doesn't matter that
Tagging is possible ( just tag the whole tree ), release is possible. The
question of
scope remains - but I see no problem with having a tomcat-specific jdbc pool
or other
components ( like we have juli and many other things that could fit commons
better ),
it it is maintained ( which makes it quite simple - if code is maintained
mostly by tomcat,
why not leave it in tomcat ? )

I'm going to push the lite 'module' as well - modules dir seems a good
middle ground.