tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r745842 - in /tomcat/connectors/trunk/jk: native/apache-2.0/ native/common/ xdocs/miscellaneous/
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:44:45 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
>> +    if (aw->addr_sequence != aw->s->addr_sequence) {
>> +        aw->addr_sequence = aw->s->addr_sequence;
>> +        aw->host = aw->s->hostname;
>
> Should we copy the string here?

Nope, the string is now in shared memory.
In theory we don't care about ajp->host
we just need that for a resolve, so actually
it will always point to the same shm address.

>> +        aw->port = aw->s->port;
>> +        if (!jk_resolve(aw->host, aw->port,&aw->worker_inet_addr,
>> +                        aw->worker.we->pool, l)) {
>> +            if (is_error)
>> +                *is_error = JK_HTTP_SERVER_ERROR;
>
> i think we should log an error in this case and maybe also reset the
> data to the previous working set.

I don't like resetting to a previous version.
If it's bad, it's bad, just like with init.

>> +        if (!p->host) {
>> +            p->host = "undefined";
>> +        }
>
> Guess we don't need that, because jk_get_worker_host() already gets a
> default as the last argument (usually localhost).

True unless the previous host was null as well.

>> -        jk_log(l, JK_LOG_ERROR,
>> -               "invalid host and port %s %d",
>> -               ((p->host == NULL) ? "NULL" : p->host), p->port);
>
> It was an error log message, now it is debug. Why don't we simpy allow
> ports below 1024?

We could. Nothing prevents that.

Regards
--