tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mikko-Pekka Partanen <mikko-pekka.parta...@hhpartners.fi>
Subject Tomcat licensing and License.rtf?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:49:30 GMT
Hello all,

We are looking at the licensing of Apache Tomcat and Ted Husted
[human-response@apache.org] told that this list would best place to post
this question. Our question is about packages apache-tomcat-6.0.18-src.zip
and apache-tomcat-6.0.18.zip.

When we examined the source code version, we found that the file
"apache-tomcat-6.0.18-src/res/License.rtf" contains many licenses under
header "APACHE HTTP SERVER SUBCOMPONENTS:" As Apache http server is a
separate software package and these licenses are not mentioned in any Tomcat
source files, or in the binary package, we thought that these licenses do
not apply to Apache Tomcat. Is this correct?

As the situation is now little confusing, perhaps the mentioned License.rtf
could be changed or alternatively the licensing information in the binary
package could be amended?

Thank you for any answer and best regards,

Mikko-Pekka Partanen