tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject JNI svn structure wierdness
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2009 12:26:52 GMT
Hi,

I just fixed some glitches in tcnative. I noticed the following problem:

We now have two branches for jni, 1.1.x and trunk, actually they are
complete branches of the full connectors, so especially both contain the
native and the java side of JNI.

TC 5.5.x has an external reference to connectors trunk. I would expect,
that we would like it to use connectors trunk in general, but
branches/1.1.x for the jni related stuff (the Java side we bundle in
tomcat-apr.jar).

It looks like we need another external reference directly pointing to
the jni branch and enhance build.xml to use the Java jni stuff from that
one.

Another option would be to split up connectors and move the parts
independently versioned outside and into separate directories.

Any better ideas?

For TC6 and trunk I see no such problem, because they already have their
private copy of connectors Java classes.

For TC4.1 we don't bundle any of the JNI stuff except in the src
distribution (more or less by accident).

Regards,

Rainer