tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject tomcat-jdbc issue
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:28:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the new tomcat-jdbc connection pool with tomcat-6.0.18 on
windows server 2003 and SQL Server 2000 with the jtds driver

Sometimes when the db server is under heavy load, the following
exception is thrown:

root cause

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor91.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ProxyConnection.invoke(ProxyConnection.java:78)
$Proxy1.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)

This seems to be intermittent and I think it may be related to the
load on the db server (which we have problems with all the time).

Given that this is using reflection, I know it won't be as easy to add
logging etc to determine the cause, but is there a suggested tweak to
either this class or another class in the package that could aid in
confirming my suspicions that this is related to db load/network
timeouts etc.

Apart from this issue, this pool is as good as commons-dbcp and is a
great drop-in replacement

Thanks,
Kev