tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r729688 - in /tomcat/trunk: build.xml res/maven/catalina.pom res/maven/jasper.pom res/maven/mvn-pub.xml
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:15:50 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> Since you are putting this in a separate jar, what would you think of
> using a package name appropriate for the tomcat project, since these
> classes are tomcat/jasper specific and not a product of apache as a whole?

I think that would be a very good idea and I was thinking along those
lines when I wrote this patch but I didn't want to mix the two ideas.

I actually got to thinking about a major package renaming for Tomcat 7 -
putting everything under org.apache.tomcat. I didn't finish that
thought. I've got some time now - I'll put together a proposal and see
what folks think.

One obvious downside is custom code that interacts with or extends
custom internals will need to change.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message