tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From George Sexton <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Re: tomcat5.exe on Windows x64
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:36:07 GMT
One other comment. It appears that this executable is explicitly setting
the access flags so that registry entries are created in the
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node. I don't see any good reason for this.

I notice that the ISAPI redirector does not set this flag, so it depends
upon the appropriate keys being in HKLM\Software.

It seems to me that things should be consistent and I think that since
64 bits is the future, the keys that procrun creates should be written
to the 64 bit registry, and not the Wow6432Node.

jean-frederic clere wrote:
> George Sexton wrote:
>>

>> George Sexton wrote:
>>> When I looked at the Commons-Daemon one, all of the entries were 3 or
>>> more years old, so I didn't think it was in use.
>>>

>> At least the change log didn't have anything more current than 3 years...
>>

> I will try to check the JIRA's of commons=daemon and fix what needed to
> be fix around Christmas.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jean-Frederic

George Sexton