tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: Executor - package dependencies
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:27:08 GMT
On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 09:04 -0700, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> The executor, the way we have optimized it works really well now.
> I'd like to get rid of all thread pooling inside the NIO connector, but
> that would create a funky package dependency from tomcat-coyote.jar ->
> catalina.jar
> any thoughts on how we could structure this so that the thread pool
> (<Executor> interface) could be reused in other parts of tomcat code?

Components should use the java.util.concurrent.Excutor interface, the
other one adds Lifecycle and that's it.

I see you broke that design by Filipizing it and broke that design. It
is up to you to solve your own problems, I think ;)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message