tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r719626 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/NioEndpoint.java
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 21:05:56 GMT
While cleaning up sounds tempting, it's been tried before.
I'd rather not do it, just for the sake of cleanup. The connectors have
way too many edge cases to work around, and they are fairly easy to break.
There are plenty of new features to add in for servlet 3.0, and cleanup
will most likely only destabilize and introduce new bugs, with nothing
or little gained

Filip