tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.18, POST request.ContentLength() is 0 when entering the Authenticator
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:33:28 GMT
hi Christophe, we are definitely interested in your contribution and
would like to include it.
Would you mind opening a bugzilla issue and attach your files there?

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi

thanks
Filip

Christophe Dupriez wrote:
> Hi Tomcat Developpers!
>
> Few days ago I provided an NTLM Authenticator. My users reported that their POST requests
are now without content.
> I traced and I can confirm that, when entering the NtlmAuthenticator.authenticate method,
request.ContentLength() is -1 for GET transactions (and it works) but it is 0 for POST.
> At the very entrance of BasicAuthenticator.authenticate,  request.ContentLength() is
-1 for GET transactions (and it works) but the real length is there for POST.

> So I can have 50 GET transactions without any problems : the NTLM authentication is done
once with the first transaction. Then, if a POST comes, it will be 0 length.

> Any idea of what may be happening? As I did not found any real dependency on the word
"BASIC" within Tomcat source, I am wondering if lower level Java Run Time could test explicitely
the authentication method and "forget" to manage the ContentLength? It seems that some people
have problem with FORM authentication. Could it be a similar problem?