tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Beta candidate for Tomcat connection pool
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 20:04:19 GMT
There are products, components, and versions. The versions are related
to products and not components. Putting pool and bayeux as components
under TC6 makes them a part of TC 6. I thought they are separate
modules, because their lifecycle and release cycles are not 1:1 with Tomcat.

So since versions relate to products, it seems to be better to use products

   Tomcat JDBC Pool
   Tomcat Bayeux

or

   Tomcat Module JDBC Pool
   Tomcat Module Bayeux

etc. Don't know if that would be an abuse of the "product" notion,
because then each new module would become a new Tomcat Product.

Does anyone know, how commons did it in Bugzilla, before they moved to
JIRA (same situation: lots of individually released and versioned small
things)?

Regards,

Rainer