tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: TC patches as discussed]
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:34:14 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:
> Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~markt/patches/2008-10-31-tc4-wininstaller.patch
>>>

> Can you explain a bit the motivation for all the path changes (including
> the sub directory in the target path and adding *.* to the source)?

"File -r common" matches "common/*.*" and "*/common/*.*"

File -r common/*.* "matches" only "common/*.*"

Because we use common/*.* as a pattern you have to set the directory first
to make sure stuff gets expanded to the right place.

The problem with the current pattern is we include stuff we shouldn't form
other random directories that happen to include the root directory name in
their path.

Mark